DIY Lip Balm Making Kit , Beginning Apothecary
All you need to begin making your own lip balms!
This kit brings together the essentials to make your own customized lip balms. With the provided instructions you will be able to make 10 standard size lip balms and two lip balm tins, as well as have the skills to continue making endless customized lip balm creations.
Each kit contains:
- ten .15 ounce standard empty lip balm tubes
- beeswax pastilles
- herbs or flowers to infuse in your oil (rose or calendula)
- detailed instructions
- 1/6 ounce jar of mica powder (for color kit)
In addition to this kit, there are a few things that you will also need, which are likely to be found in your own kitchen.
- 1/2 cup of oil (this can be olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil or a blend of any of them)
- double boiler (A mason jar in a pot of water works just fine)
- measuring cups
- toothpick, stick, or knife (this is for testing lip balm consistency)
- a stove or heat source for heating oils and melting wax
If you. have always wanted to make your own lip balms, this is a great way to start. It opens the door to lots of possibilities for further exploration, experimenting, and beginning to learn and work with herbs and oils.